Skinny jeans arrived on the scene and they are here to stay as they are fast becoming one of the most popular styles of jeans on the market. But what do you know about them other than they are comfortable to wear? Here are some interesting facts that you may not know.
1. How Do They Make Them Stretchable?
Did you know that while the majority of jeans are made from pure cotton, color skinny jeans are made from cotton and elastene? This is what makes the jeans famous for being able to stretch to the body and stick close to the skin.
2. Eastern Not Western
You may believe that jeans are western but actually the majority of them, over 50%, are actually produced in Asia. This means that most are actually eastern.
3. Jeans Were Banned
Did you know that back in the 1950s the wearing of blue jeans was banned in many restaurants and schools? This was due to the fact that they had been portrayed on TV as a type of rebellion, often with gangs of young men wearing them rebelling against the authorities.
4. Skinny jeans were designed for women to highlight their curves, but now more and more men are wearing them to highlight their leg muscles.
5. One of the first colours of jeans was indigo blue and despite the fact that there are many other colours and patterns available the indigo blue has remained one of the most popular colours to this day. Indigo is produced in over 20 thousand tons each year just for dying jeans.
6. Indigo blue was chosen for jeans due to the fact that the colour helps to hide dirt and stains. However today jeans are sold with rips in them, they are faded and made to look worn.
7. When the first jeans came onto the market they were called waist overalls. Eventually Levi Strauss renamed them to jeans.
8. Skinny jeans don’t necessarily have to be skin-tight. In actual fact they should not cling to you but be straight fitted and not baggy.
9. Did you know that men’s jeans had the zip at the front during the World War II era but for women the zip was located on the right side?
10. It was Americans during World War II that take credit for jeans becoming so popular and the soldiers wore them when they were not fighting.
Check out our wide range of the best Designer American Jeans for Men and Women online. For all sizes, colors, styles and designs visit us!